Position: Production Assistant at the Chesapeake Arts Center
Job Days: 9 month contract – 20 hrs. weekly
The Production Assistant provides comprehensive support for all events on CAC. Responsible for assisting and supporting all administrative activities of the rental, facilities and production departments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports Production Manager and production department during technical, dress rehearsals and previews as assigned.
• Provide supervision for load-ins and strikes as assigned
• Ability to work hands-on in an electrician capacity including comfort working at heights such as catwalks, ladders and lifts is a must.
• Position requires the following abilities: Hang, focus lighting instruments, program and operate the ETC EOS stage lighting consoles as needed.
• Working knowledge of Midas M32 and Behringer X32 sound boards.
• Basic knowledge of A/V systems
• Act as run crew for various technical aspect on the production during the run of the show.
• Perform general and preventative maintenance of technical equipment.
• Serve as Stage Manager for selected performance.
• Flexibility to work weekends, evenings, mornings and holiday shifts
Education and/or Equivalent Experience Preferred:
• 3 to 5 years professional theatre experience in production.
Other Skills, Ability and/or Knowledge:
• Software: Qlab, Power Point
• Ability to work very long hours as workflow increases and deadlines approach.
• Calm / Professional demeanor, sense of humor encouraged
• Working knowledge of professional theatre systems and personnel
• Familiarity with existing and emerging technologies and practices relevant to theatre and the entertainment industry
• Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of job assignments
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects and be a self-starter
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Very solid interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills with very strong attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills for managing multiple tasks successfully.
• Ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Please email cover letter and resume in PDF format to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Chesapeake Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity