Instructors wanted to teach the arts at the Chesapeake Arts Center!
The Chesapeake Arts Center of Brooklyn Park, MD, is currently looking for experienced instructors to create and teach a variety of classes in the visual and performing arts for our 2017 Winter/Spring semester! If you would like to be a part of a growing community arts center just outside of Baltimore and share your love of the arts with enthusiastic students of all ages, the Chesapeake Arts Center would love to hear from you!
We are currently accepting resumes and class proposals from interested candidates in all fields. Deadline for Winter/Spring class proposals is August 30th, 2016. All instructors must complete a background check run by CAC. For more information please call 410-636-6597, or email the Education Director at email@example.com to request a proposal form.
- Professional training in the performance or visual arts and demonstrated expertise in their field. BA in Performance, Visual Arts, and/or Education is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to arts education for all ages
- Minimum of 1 year professional teaching experience in schools, community centers, studios, etc. 2-3 years or more of teaching experience preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Pass criminal history background check
- Engaging personality and winning attitude
About the Chesapeake Arts Center:
The Chesapeake Arts Center (CAC) is a 58,000 sq. ft. multi-discipline arts facility located in Northern Anne Arundel County, just south of Baltimore, Maryland. Our facility houses the 752-seat Hammonds Lane Theatre, 120-seat Studio 194 Black Box Theatre, Hal Gomer Art Gallery, a fully equipped ceramics lab, 2 dance studios, and multiple classrooms.
Chesapeake Arts Center provides cultural opportunities for all artists, audiences, students, teachers, volunteers and staff without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age, or disability.
Contact our Education Director, Mollie McElwain at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the main office at 410-636-6597.