WCSProductions presents IT’S YOUR LINE 10 Minute Play competition. IT’S YOUR LINE is a 10 minute play competition designed to expose new playwrights, original scripts and to provoke innovative works.
Submission Rules & Criteria
• All Plays must include the line one of the voter’s pick lines, listed below, somewhere in the script. No restrictions on content.
o Murder is confusing.
o My pig’s decision is final.
o There’s a unicorn in the pond.
• Running Time Max of ten minutes.
• Submission fee $10 per entry (multiple entries accepted). Only online payments accepted.
• All entries must be electronic (can be submitted online at http://www.wcsproductions.com). Fee must be paid at the time of submission. File must be titled the name of the play and playwright.
• Title page must include the playwright’s name, address, email, phone, and title of play. Second page should include characters, sounds (if needed), lighting plot (if needed), props and set requirements.
• Playwrights, name, title of play and page number must be on each page of the script.
• Must be original, unproduced play.
• Plays with music are permitted, no musicals.
• No children’s plays.
• Playwright is responsible for cast, crew, props, set, costumes and sound.
• A technician will be provided to run lights and sound, but not design plots.
• A technical rehearsal in the space will be provided prior to the performance date.
• Chosen submissions will be performed on the competition date and judged by esteemed members of the theatre community. Finalists will be announced on the website and contacted personally.
o Submission deadline – July 18, 2015
o Winner Announced – July 25, 2015
o Tech Rehearsal – September 18, 2015
o Performance – September 19, 2015
Winners and Awards
• $500 and Braggin’ Wrights Trophy
• Electronically submit your script and pay the submission fee at www.wcsproductions.com
• Six finalists will be chosen to have their play produced at Chesapeake Arts Center.
• Receive confirmation e-mail that your submission was received within 24 hours of submission.
• Chosen submission: playwrights will be contacted via e-mail. Response must be received within 48 hours.
• Rehearse with your cast. Chesapeake Arts Center will provide two hours of rehearsal space.
• Judges and the audience will vote for their favorite production.
• The winning playwright will receive $500 and the Braggin’ Wrights Trophy.
Chesapeake Arts Center &
WCS Productions Presents:
Saturday, September 19, 2015
in Studio 194 Theatre
Doors 12:30pm | Show 1:00pm