About the Chesapeake Arts Center:
The Chesapeake Arts Center of Brooklyn Park, MD, is currently looking for experienced instructors to create and teach a variety of classes in the visual and performing arts for our Fall semester! If you would like to be a part of a growing community arts center just outside of Baltimore and share your love of the arts with enthusiastic students of all ages, the Chesapeake Arts Center would love to hear from you!
We are currently accepting resumes and class proposals from interested candidates in all fields. Deadline for Fall class proposals is April 19th, 2013. All instructors must complete a background check run by CAC. For more information please call 410-636-6597 to learn how to apply.
The Visual Arts Instructor will write curriculum and teach weekly 6 or 12 week classes during the Fall and/or Spring semesters, and/or 5 day week long sessions in the Summer. Instructor will also research and provide a supply fee amount to CAC for each student when class is proposed. Instructor will encourage students to think creatively and teach visual art techniques they might not encounter in a traditional school classroom. The instructor will teach a variety of skills essential to the art form that they have expertise in that may include the history and important figures associated with the medium. Class must produce several pieces of artwork that clearly reflect the medium taught. An end of semester exhibit may be scheduled if enough student artwork is produced. Instructor will be involved in the organization and installation of the exhibit.
• Professional training in a visual or folk art and demonstrated expertise in the field. BA in Visual Arts or Education preferred.
• Demonstrated commitment to arts education for all ages
• Minimum of 1 year professional teaching experience in schools, community centers, studios, etc. 2-3 years or more of teaching experience preferred
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Pass criminal history background check
• Engaging personality and winning attitude