The Chesapeake Arts Center of Brooklyn Park, MD, is currently looking for experienced instructors to create and teach a variety of classes in the visual and performing arts for our Fall semester! If you would like to be a part of a growing community arts center just outside of Baltimore and share your love of the arts with enthusiastic students of all ages, the Chesapeake Arts Center would love to hear from you!
We are currently accepting resumes and class proposals from interested candidates in all fields. Deadline for Fall class proposals is April 19th, 2013. All instructors must complete a background check run by CAC. For more information please call 410-636-6597 to learn how to apply.
The Theatre Instructor will write curriculum and teach weekly 6 or 12 week classes during the Fall and/or Spring semesters, and/or 5 day week long sessions in the Summer. The instructor will teach a variety of skills essential to performance, character development, and vocal development. If class focuses on the non-performing aspects of theatre, instructor will teach backstage tasks such as constructing and moving scenery, operating lights and sound equipment, etc. Instructor may also teach fundamentals of stagecraft, stage makeup, combat, costume craft, and direction. An end of semester performance may be produced if the class time allows. Instructor will direct all aspects of the production.
• Professional training in theatre arts and demonstrated expertise in the field. BA in Theatre or Education preferred.
• Demonstrated commitment to arts education for all ages
• Minimum of 1 year professional teaching experience in schools, community centers, studios, etc. 2-3 years or more of teaching experience preferred
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Pass criminal history background check
• Engaging personality and winning attitude